Sunderland College and NUS are looking for students to become champions for the London 2012 Olympics.
We’re looking for students who can take their inspiration from the London 2012 Games and excite and enthuse students across the UK to make sure students play their part in the Games.
Whether you’re passionate about sport, love your art and culture or dedicated to spreading the message about creating a sustainable environment there are opportunities to suit everyone. We want you to find something that suits you and you’re passions.
Student Ambassadors will be tasked with undertaking activity in a number of different areas:
- Raising awareness of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Increasing participation in Games initiatives e.g. Torch relay
- Running and supporting Games inspired programmes within your centre or across the college campuses
- Supporting your student union to attain accreditation for Olympics activities
- Contributing to Inspire Mark applications
For full details about the position and the opportunities it opens check out the Be A Champion document at the bottom of this page.
If you’re interested in applying you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Able to inspire fellow students and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to show initiative and take responsibility for tasks
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to lead and manage other students
- Passion for, and knowledge of, the Olympic and Paralympic Games
Sound like you? Then complete the application form below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or print it out and hand to a member of the Enrichment Team.