Enhanced Learning Credits
What is the Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme?
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) created the Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) to encourage members of the Armed Forces to engage in continuous learning. The scheme offers financial support for courses at level 3 or above through approved learning providers.
As an MOD approved course provider, you can use your ELCAS funding with Sunderland College. We can help you through the ELCAS process and our team will ensure that you make the right investment to develop the skills you need.
Why choose Sunderland College?
Sunderland College is a world class provider of education, with five campuses located across the city, we offer one of the region’s largest range of adult and higher education courses as well as courses for international students.
The quality of our education and the support we provide to our students is paramount to us.
We pride ourselves on this and our success speaks for itself:
- We have a 99% pass rate
- We’re number one for student satisfaction in the North East
- We’re one of the largest trainers and suppliers of Apprenticeships in the region
What can we offer?
Our adult courses are designed to help you learn new skills, gain qualifications and to enhance your career prospects.
You can use your ELCAS credits on a range of courses at level 3 or above. Take a look at our course search for a full listing.
How to apply
- Firstly you will need to download and complete the ELCAS claim form. This is available at www.enhancedlearningcredits.com
- Once you have completed your form, hand it to your commanding officer or learning staff for approval. If you are no longer serving, visit www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for details of where to send your claim form
- ELCAS will process your application
- If your claim is approved by ELCAS you will receive a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN). You can then select and apply for your chosen course with Sunderland College. Our provider number is 3872.