No specific qualifications required but Maths, English and IT would be preferred.
Kepier is a secondary school in Houghton-le Spring and is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to work towards their NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality and work as part of a friendly team to provide a high quality catering service.
- To work with learners, parents, school staff and outside agencies to ensure a high quality service under the management of the Catering Manager
- To provide a professional catering service to all users.
- Exercising good sound judgment in all communications.
- Reprographic duties.
- General office duties.
- To undertake any training commensurate with the post.All employees are expected to show a responsible attitude to health and safety issues and have due regard for their personal safety and that of others.
- Support, uphold and contribute to the development of the school’s Equal Opportunities, Race Equality and Disability Policy and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community.
- The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Principal to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
The employer is looking for someone that can exhibit the following skills;
- Great communication skills
- A good outgoing personality
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest
- Clear DBS.
- Able to communicate well orally with a range of learners, parent and staff.
- Flexible, have a willingness to learn and be helpful.
- Able to keep up to date and undertake professional training as appropriate.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Polite, welcoming and well presented.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to organise work schedule
- Flexible and able to respond calmly to a range of requests
The working environment can be quite pressurised at times, therefore the ability to work effectively and professionally in this environment is essential.
The expectation will be that the successful candidate will be willing to follow further training opportunities both within school and with external agencies as required.