The Together Activity Group (TAG) is a new project started by Sunderland College to create more opportunities for students from all backgrounds to get together and create a project that provides a relevant service for young people by allowing them to lead and shape every its every aspect.
What do we offer?
TAG is all about giving students choices, allowing them to lead and shape our service whilst making friends and broadening their social interactions. TAG aims to lift barriers to participation through:
- Enhancing opportunities
- Building friendships
- Promoting engagement in positive activities
- Supporting individuals
- Facilitating entry into further education or employment
These opportunities will be available through breakfast, lunch and evening activities in and around Sunderland College as well as within the local community. Additional events will be held throughout the year to raise awareness and celebrate the achievements of the young people involved with the project.
What do we hope to achieve?
- Reduce the isolation of individuals
- Improve the physical health and emotional well-being of individuals
- Increase the employability of volunteers through training and work experience
- Improve the services received by individuals
Want to know more?
To find out more about how to get involved in TAG, as a student or as a volunteer, please contact Rachael Smales on 0191 511 6475 or send us an email.