Who is this course for?
This course is for people interested in the four major genres of creative writing, poetry, fiction, play writing and non-fiction.
What do you need to apply for the course?
There are no official qualifications required to start on this course. However, you must be over the age of 19 on the 1st of September.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course will teach you how to:
- Develop abilities to write creatively and expressively
- Practise the behaviours of creative writers
- Develop knowledge of creative writing and appropriate vocabulary for discussing creative writing
- Recognise reading as an active, constructive process
- Recognise the contribution of literature to cultures and societies
- Recognise that talk is an important tool for communicating, thinking, and learning
- Listen effectively in a variety of situations for a variety of purposes
How you will learn
This course is taught through weekly classroom sessions.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course you will be able to apply the skills learnt in your own creative writing