Catering, Food and Hospitality
Who is this course for?
This course is for people looking to develop the skill and knowledge on food hygiene and safety in the food industry.
This course has start dates in October, February and May.
What do you need to apply for the course?
There are no formal qualifications required to study on this course.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course covers the following key areas:
- Food safety and terminology
- Food safety law and legislation
- Hazards and how to contain risk of food poisoning
- Taking product and equipment temperatures
- Cooling foods to minimise bacterial multiplication
- Food handlers and their risk to food safety
- Safe food storage
- Importance of cleaning
- Food premises and equipment
How you will learn
This course is divided through classroom work and assessments with a final external examination.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course you could progress on to the Level 3 award in Supervising Food Safety or other catering and hospitality courses.