Full Time, Part Time
Hair, Beauty and Barbering
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in hairdressing that would like to learn the skills needed to get started in the industry.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You’ll need at least two grade D’s at GCSE level including English Language or a Hairdressing NVQ Level 1.
You will also need to take a dexterity and skills assessment at interview along with a written test.
What are the key things you'll learn?
The course covers key hairdressing skills including:
- Cutting hair using basic techniques.
- Shampoo and conditioning hair and scalp.
- How to style, dress and finish hair.
- How to set and dress hair.
- How to perm and neutralise hair using basic techniques.
- Changing hair colour using basic techniques.
- Salon reception duties
- Salon management duties
How you will learn
The course is taught using both practical and theoretical methods in the classroom and our dedicated salon. You will practice techniques on other students in the class and your IT skills will also be developed throughout the course.
Where could this course take you?
After completing this course you could apply the skills to find work in the industry or progress on to Level 3 course in hairdressing.
What costs will you incur?
You will need to pay for the following:
- Personal expenses during educational visits
- Headblock – £30
- Deposit for locker key – £5.00