City & Guilds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people looking to develop the essential skills required to gain employment within the hospitality industry.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to have at least an Entry Level 3 qualification in literacy and numeracy as well as meet one of the following criteria:
- aged 18 or over who and unemployed, eligible to work in the UK and claiming JSA, ESA (WRAG), Income Support, Pension Credit, ESA Contribution based, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit or Working Tax Credit – where the household income is less than £16,190
- an unwaged dependent of someone claiming one of the benefits listed above
- aged 18 or over, not in receipt of benefit but have left paid employment in the last six months
- somebody without a full level 2 qualification.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course covers the key areas of working in a contact centre including:
- Customer service
- Hospitality legislation
- Health and safety
- Food hygiene
- Roles in the hospitality sector
- Working with others
- Employability skills
- Writing CVs
- Preparing for interviews
How you will learn
This course is taught through classroom based theory lessons, interactive activities, group work and observations.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you will have the skills required to gain an entry position in the hospitality industry or progress on to further study in the field.