Sport and Public Services
Call 0191 511 6000
Who is this course for?
This course is for students who are interested in leisure jobs including pool attendants, recreation attendants and other front line leisure centre roles. This course will cover the essential background knowledge in a number of core subjects which will enable you to develop their vocational skills in this area.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You should hold a level 2 literacy qualification to get on to this course.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course is made up a number of units of study including:
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector.
- Understanding employment rights and responsibilities.
- Customer care and diversity in active leisure.
- Health, safety, security and welfare in active.
- Developing self in an active leisure job role.
- Teamwork in active leisure.
- Pool Lifeguarding.
How you will learn
The course will be delivered at our new sports academy and will use a range of engaging teaching methods in our new state of the art classroom spaces.
*** All Sunderland College students can use our new Technogym fitness suite free of charge!***
Where could this course take you?
You could develop your career further through a leisure management course.