Music and Performing Arts
16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to enhance their musical performance skills and widen their knowledge of a range of areas in music.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need at least four GCSEs at grade C or above.
What are the key things you'll learn?
During this course you will study a variety of topics such as:
- Listening Skills for Music Technologists
- Music Production Techniques
- Planning and Delivering a Music Product
- Acoustics for Musicians
- Audio Engineering Principles
- Composing Music
- Concert Production and Staging
- Music Events Management
- The Music Freelance World
- Marketing and Promotion in the Music Industry
How you will learn
You will be continuously assessed throughout the course by:
- Live and Studio-based Projects
- Written Investigations
- Workshop Sessions and Performances
- Evaluations/Rehearsal Logs
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course you could progress onto university or seek employment within the music industry.
What costs will you incur?
If you are aged 19 or over, on the first day of your course, studying at Level 3 or above, you are able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the costs of your course, similar to arrangements for higher education students.