Full Time, Part Time
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to enter the construction industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to demonstrate motivation and a keen interest in the plumbing industry and expect to achieve a good level of maths and english.
What are the key things you'll learn?
- General core units;
- Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Unit 101/501 Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Occupation specific units
- 121 Prepare Background Surfaces and Mix Plastering Materials
- 122 Applying Scratch Coats to Internal Backgrounds
- 123 Fixing Sheet Materials
- 124 Applying Floating Coats to Wall
- 125 Applying Setting Coats to Wall
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English are also integrated into the course
- Study programme
How you will learn
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities / library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the Diploma Level 2 in plastering or you could apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
What costs will you incur?
PPE is provided, if lost you will be expected to pay for replacement.