Full Time, Part Time
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to enter the construction industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need:
- A minimum of one GCSE at grade G in any subject
- Level 2 Dipolma in Plastering
What are the key things you'll learn?
- General core units;
- Unit301/701 Principles of organising planning and pricing construction work
- Occupation specific units
- Unit 311 Running in-situ moulds
- Unit 312 Applying plastering materials to detailed interiors
- Unit 313 Applying plastering materials to detailed exteriors
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English are also integrated into the course
- Study programme
How you will learn
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities /work experience/ library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Where could this course take you?
Upon completion of the level 3 course you could find employment in the construction industry.
What costs will you incur?
PPE is provided for practical activities; however replacement of lost items will need to be paid for.
If you are aged between 19 and 23 years old (on the first day of your course) and do not already have a full Level 3 of higher qualification, you will not have to pay course fees. This may be different for learners studying on a course in the workplace.
If you are aged 19 or over, on the first day of your course, studying at Level 3 or above, you are able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the costs of your course, similar to arrangements for higher education students.