Call 0191 511 6000
Award to be received
Award in Volunteering
Who is this course for?
This programme is designed to prepare you for a position in the volunteering sector. It will provide a robust insight into the role and responsibilities along with an awareness of the personal standards required whilst volunteering. It is also suitable for anyone currently in a volunteering position, as it will enhance and develop knowledge and skills whilst achieving a nationally recognised qualification in the sector.
What do you need to apply for the course?
Follow the guidance for application and enrolment on: www.tallshipssunderland.com
An enthusiastic approach and the desire to develop or work within the volunteering sector
What are the key things you'll learn?
- Identify the role of a volunteer in a voluntary organisation
- Understand the activities of voluntary organisations
- Identify the skills to become a successful volunteer
- Understand the regulatory frameworks that may apply to being a volunteer
- Develop work ready skills
How you will learn
This programme is delivered through class and workshop sessions with paper-based workbooks and assessments. You will be allocated a study pack and have the support of a range of lecturers throughout the course. To develop your knowledge and understanding you will be required to work through a series of interactive and motivational tasks and activities. These are designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate knowledge whilst enabling you to have a positive and rewarding learning experience.
Where could this course take you?
This programme can help you to:
- progress within the volunteering sector potentially within a range of roles
- once you have achieved this qualification you could progress to other programmes such as Event Volunteering, Stewarding at Public Events and Customer Services (from Entry Level to Level 2) through distance learning provision or part time/full time college based courses.
What costs will you incur?