Sunderland College is a large, successful college operating from four main campuses across the city. Offering a wide range of training and education programmes for school leavers, adults, employers and internationally, the college has a deserved reputation for quality.
The work of the college has an impressive impact on the local and regional economy. A recent study by EMSI, an economic modelling specialist, highlighted the following key points:
- Every £1 learners pay for their education yields £4.90 in higher future wages, a return on investment of £444.5m
- 16.9% additional income per year to the local business community
- Accumulated contribution of former learners to the regional economy equates £401m added income a year
- Total added income equal to 0.8% of the region’s total economic output in 2012/13, representing 15,700 average wage jobs
- Society benefits from an average annual return on investment of 19.6% – for every £1 invested, society receives £5.90
For further information on the services and training solutions that we can offer call our Employer Relationship Managers on 0191 511 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.