We offer a range of ‘Get ready for’ short, part-time courses designed to help job seekers find work in a range of different industries for adults 19+.
Course available include:
- Get ready for… Business Administration Level 1
- Get ready for… Basic IT Level 1
- Get ready for… Computing for the Beginner
- Get ready for… Contact Centres Level 1
- Get ready for… Employment
- Get ready for… Health and Social Care Level 1
- Get ready for… Hospitality Level 1
- Get ready for… Retail Level 1
- Get ready for… Support Work in Education
- Get ready for… Uniformed Services
- Get Ready For Running Your Business (evening class)
- Get Ready for Customer Service
- Get Ready For Working in Childcare (evening class)
All courses are based at St. Peter’s Campus.
We don’t just want our learners to achieve a qualification; we want them to succeed in their career goals. This is why our pre-employment team are all industry professionals who can pass on their many years of experience to our learners, to make sure they get off to the best possible start in their new career.
We work closely with a large number of employers to ensure our courses include visits to work places, talks or mock interviews to help support your job search activities. We can also provide financial support to help you access our courses (excluding those delivered by partner organisations) including help with childcare cost and travel costs.
As part of our commitment to helping you find work, students have access to free postage, telephone and IT/printing. We provide a job search service, posting details of relevant vacancies for students on our intranet and Facebook site while also using our employer contacts to keep you informed of any job opportunities via your tutor. We also keep in touch after you have successfully completed a course to see how you are progressing towards work and offer further support and we will invite you to our exclusive jobs fairs for current and former students.
If you would like further information about any of the courses detailed contact The Employability Team on 0191 511 6478 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org