The Student Loans Company has launched improvements to their online account system to make it more efficient and user friendly.
You can now log in to your online account using either your Customer Reference Number (CRN) or the email address that is registered to your account. Steps have also been taken to make it simpler to retrieve secret answers and passwords.
Here are some top tips from the SLC to help you maintain your online account:
- You can now log in to the Student Finance account using either your Customer Reference Number (CRN) or the email address that is registered to their account.
- If you don’t know your password, or secret answer you can click on the “Forgotten your password/secret answer?” links and tell us some basic information to identify your account so that you can reset your password or secret answer.
- The postcode we ask for to help us identify your account is any that is registered to your account, either your home address or term time address.
- When requesting a new password via email you will now receive a web address in the password and secret answer reset emails – not temporary credentials.
- Keep your email up to date in your account so that you can use it to login (and to recover login details should you ever forget them)
For a step-by-step guide to accessing your account, see the FAQs section on the Student Loans website.