Home / News / Staff and students fundraise for excellent cause

Staff and students fundraise for excellent cause

Staff and Students at Sunderland College have raised over £300 in donations for Parkinsons UK and Team Evie charities.

In total, £305.70 was raised for the charities through donations from staff and students via collection tins based in the college. Both charities have recognised the efforts of those involved and have expressed their sincere gratitude for the donations received, which will go directly to helping to find a cure for those living with Parkinson’s and for Team Evie, helping sick children and their families in the region.

Maureen Sandilands, Sunderland College Catering Assistant was the initial instigator for raising money for these great charities. She has said:

“I am delighted to have been able to raise money for these wonderful charities, my mother is currently suffering from Parkinsons, however both charities are very close to my heart. The reception from both staff and students has been fantastic and I am so grateful for their donations. They really have helped to make a difference in supporting these organisations.”

The college looks forward to raising more money in the future for important charities like these.