Home / News / Newcastle based company Wellstream visits Sunderland College to talk to students

Newcastle based company Wellstream visits Sunderland College to talk to students

Wellstream visited the college to speak with current Level 3 Engineering students about the different pathways into engineering and how they can get there.

The event was organised for students who may wish to progress onto Higher Education in Engineering within the college. Students were given the opportunity to view the HE options that they could progress onto with the college and what opportunities would be available to them with other partners.

During the event, a demonstration was held of the equipment used in the HE programmes and guest speakers Peter Robson and Charlotte Pattison from the Oil and Gas Company ‘Wellstream’ were in attendance to discuss their personal routes into the engineering sector from the graduate route.

Chris Brown, Sunderland College Curriculum Manager for Manufacturing and Engineering said:

“The event was a great success and gave the learners the opportunity to see what the college offers in the higher education sector, it was great to see the students start to consider their options for the future.”

Jack Watson, BTEC L3 Diploma Engineering student said:

“The event gave me much clear idea of what is involved with the Engineering HND programme, before the event I wasn’t sure what I was going to do after college. Today has given me a much better idea of where I want to go next.”

Charlotte Pattison, Wellstream Design Engineer added:

“It was great to meet the students at Sunderland College. Being able to tell my story and route into the sector was great and I hope it helped the students in deciding which pathway to take next. It was a great opportunity to not only talk about my own experience but also encourage young people into the sector.”

If you are interested in any of our Engineering courses, click here to find out more and apply online!