Home / News / Building bright futures with constructive partnership

Building bright futures with constructive partnership

One of the North East’s leading bricklaying contractors has sponsored Sunderland College’s bricklaying department.

King Brothers, a family-run, commercial bricklaying contractor which has been trading for more than 25 years, recently sponsored our bricklaying department, providing 18 packs of bricks which will support the department with necessary materials for the whole of the academic year.

Sunderland College has a well-established relationship with the King Brothers, with Jim Stobbart, Lecturer 2 in Bricklaying teaching many King Brothers’ apprentices over the years.

Jim, said: “Having taught numerous King Brothers’ apprentices over the last 25 years and knowing the quality of their workmanship it is a real honour to be sponsored by such a great company. The generous donation will benefit all of our students across all year groups and on behalf of myself and all of our students I’d like to thank the King Brothers for their support.”

Ian King, Director of King Brothers brickwork contractors, said: “Having known Jim Stobbart since he taught my son, Tom, 10 years ago I am aware of the excellent work he does with young bricklayers in the local area and I am more than happy to provide all of the bricks for his bricklaying department.”

For more information about construction courses, ring 0191 5116000, email info@sunderlandcollege.ac.uk or click here.