Home / News / TASS student-athlete looking to retain her title at the England Women’s Winter Boxing Cup

TASS student-athlete looking to retain her title at the England Women’s Winter Boxing Cup

Courtney Cox, a TASS student-athlete, will be looking to retain her title at the England Women’s Winter Boxing Cup 2019.

The two-day tournament takes place at the Guildford Spectrum Leisure Complex on December 7th and 8th. This women and girls-only event brings together some of the best female boxers from across the world, with Ireland, Latvia, Holland, New Zealand, Spain and Jersey all being represented at last year’s event.

Courtney – who is also on course to achieve her Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Sport, Development, Coaching & Fitness – will be looking to retain her title in the 16-18 year-old category. She competed in Bulgaria in September and is looking to build upon this international experience in Guildford, where she is hoping to take home the gold again.

Carl Jones, Courtney’s TASS Dual-Career Co-ordinator, said: “We’re very pleased to hear of Courtney’s recent selection for the International Women’s Boxing Cup – a well deserved call up! She is very proud to represent her country in boxing and has just recently come back from competing in Bulgaria. We look forward to seeing the outcome of the tournament at the Guildford Spectrum and wish her every possible success this December.”

Courtney added: “I’m very excited to take part in this competition, although I’m equally anxious to get through the final stages of my training so I’m ready to compete on the international stage. I’ll be looking to prove myself and show everyone what I am capable of achieving, as I believe I can bring home the gold medal again this year.

“I would like to thank both of my mams for all of their support, advice and guidance, as this has given me the motivation to keep going and keep fighting at the level they know I can achieve. I would also like to thank MN Elite Performance at Sunderland College, both Martin Nugent and Lee Moore for their support ahead of the tournament and Carl Jones, my TASS Dual-Career Co-ordinator, for the financial support which enables me to be best prepared for the competition.”