Home / News / TASS student-athlete wins gold at the Kickboxing World Championships

TASS student-athlete wins gold at the Kickboxing World Championships

Josh Hastings, a TASS student-athlete, recently won gold at the World Championships in Kickboxing in Niagara Falls.

Josh – who is also on course to achieve his Level 3 BTEC National Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences – competed in the points, continuous, and team events at the championships.

He won gold in the continuous event, where he overcame USA in the semi-finals before defeating Canada in the final.

Martin Nugent, Head of Human Performance at MN Elite, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement by Josh – credit to him for such hard work and dedication. In the past year he has embraced our philosophy on strength and conditioning, working closely with his coach Lee Moore learning how to train more effectively and intelligently.”

Carl Jones, Josh’s TASS Dual-Career Co-ordinator, said: “We’re all very proud of Josh’s recent success at the World Championships in Kickboxing. This gold medal marks the culmination of all of his hard work and his dedication to succeed.”

Josh added: “I am absolutely over the moon at achieving gold and attaining the title of Kickboxing World Champion. Competing at Niagara Falls was such a surreal experience –  the atmosphere was incredible, and I got totally lost in the moment, in the best way possible! I look forward to my title defence next August in Madrid 2020.

“I would also like to thank my coaches Andrew Trewick and Dave Parkinson, as well as my strength and conditioning coaches Martin Nugent and Lee Moore at MN Elite Performance for their continued support.”