Home / News / TASS student-athlete achieves personal best at the English Schools Swimming Association National Diving Championships

TASS student-athlete achieves personal best at the English Schools Swimming Association National Diving Championships

Cameron Watt, a TASS student-athlete, recently achieved a personal best in the 3m springboard at the English Schools Swimming Association National Diving Championships in London.

Cameron recently represented the North East Division in the Senior Elite Boys category at the competition, which took place at the London Olympic Pool.

He achieved a personal best in the 3m springboard and placed 7th overall in the Senior Elite Boys category. The North East team finished 2nd out of all of the other regional squads taking part in the competition.

Cameron – who is on course to achieve his Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport, Development, Coaching & Fitness – is also on track to take part in the North East Regionals in March 2020, where he’s hoping to improve on his recent personal best.

Carl Jones, TASS Dual-Career Co-ordinator, said: “We are very pleased to hear of Cameron’s recent success at the English Schools National Diving Championships – what an opportunity for him to showcase his skill!

“He is a dedicated sportsman who is equally adept in the classroom, and we look forward to continuing to work with Cameron to achieve his holistic goals.”

Cameron added: “I am very proud of my efforts to achieve a personal best in my 3m diving. The chance to compete at the London Olympic Pool was a surreal experience which gave me the motivation to pull 80 points from my last two dives.

“I would like to pay special thanks to Lee Moore and Martin Nugent for the strength and conditioning work they have done with me in preparation for this competition and for sponsoring me at these finals. I’d also like to thank Andre at MN Elite Performance for all his help, as without his interventions, I would have struggled to represent the North East, and finally a thank you to Carl Jones for running the TASS programme.”