Sunderland College’s commitment to Equality and Diversity is reflected in our core values and strategic ambitions.
We make sure that everything we do helps:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance the equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
As part of this commitment we aim to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages experienced by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Take measures to fulfil the needs of individuals from protected groups where they are different from the needs of other persons.
- Support and encourage individuals with protected characteristics to participate in the public life of the college especially where participation is disproportionately lower.
You can find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity in our 2014 – 2017 Strategic Plan and in our Sunderland College Equality & Diversity Report 2016.