Sunderland College’s commitment to Equality and Diversity is reflected in our core values and strategic ambitions.
We make sure that everything we do helps:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance the equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
As part of this commitment we aim to:
- Remove or minimise disadvantages experienced by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Take measures to fulfil the needs of individuals from protected groups where they are different from the needs of other persons.
- Support and encourage individuals with protected characteristics to participate in the public life of the college especially where participation is disproportionately lower.