The Corporation is a legal body constituted under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and consists of 17 members from all walks of life and a cross section of the community which it serves including staff and a student from College. Under the current Articles of Government the Corporation is responsible for:
- the determination of the educational character and mission of the Institution and for the oversight of its activities
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the Institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk (including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, their appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in their capacity as a member of staff)
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff
The Corporation is committed to upholding the standards of openness and public accountability hence the inclusion of this section on the College web site. In addition minutes of all Corporation and Committee Meetings are available by clicking here. Please note that confidential items are only available to those entitled to attend the meeting whilst the item is being discussed, however, individuals may request the release date of such confidential items by contacting the Governance Section.
If you have any comments or queries please contact Martin Gershman via the Governance Section on 0191 511 6000 or click here to email.