Attractive benefits for this post include 48 days’ annual leave per year plus bank holidays and the opportunity to join the Teacher Pensions Scheme.
* this position is available as a development Lecturer 1 role for the right candidate with a starting salary of £23,300.75 – £23,979.47 per annum with an enhanced support package including reduced teaching commitment and time given to attend/study on teaching qualification programme (qualifying criteria applies)
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic lecturer who is passionate about Digital technology, to work within the department of Computing and Digital.
Delivering inspiring and innovative sessions in Computing, the successful candidate will have a lead role in the delivery of our vocational digital technology programmes and industry specialist pathways. They will be committed to their own continuous professional development and will engage enthusiastically with our quality processes to ensure that our students receive an outstanding experience and support.
You may be new to teaching or have a relevant industry experience with skills in at least one of the following areas: Object Oriented Programming, App Development or Game Development.
Candidates will have a real passion for their subject and be enthusiastic about emerging technology and the Tech sector. Working within a friendly and supportive team in a dynamic department, the successful applicant will have a focus on raising aspirations and encouraging students in the realisation of their ambitions by ensuring they have the skills necessary to either progress to Higher Education or enter employment.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• A degree or appropriate professional qualification in a relevant subject area or appropriate industry experience.
• Teaching qualification/Assessor Awards (or willing to work towards).
• Experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching/training resources.
• Relevant experience in the key areas of Computing / Software Development.
Applicants for this post should be able to demonstrate in their personal statement practical examples of how they fulfil the person specification.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
To find out more about this great opportunity visit www.sunderlandcollege.ac.uk/vacancies alternatively email email@example.com or call 0191 511 6046 to request an application pack. Please note we will only accept Sunderland College application forms.
All applications must be received by 12 noon on Tuesday 29th October 2019.
We are working towards equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.