Post Ref: 5999 Full Time, 37 hours per week. Term Time Only (38 weeks). Permanent. £21,829.66 to £23,729.47 per annum, pro rata.
Sunderland College is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking Placement Officer to work in the forward thinking and fast paced Health and Care team. The successful candidate would join a dynamic and innovative team who work closely with a wide range of local employers to enable learners to develop both academic and practical work skills in preparation for employment or higher education. Our focus is excellence and our students are at the heart of everything we do.
Applicants should have experience of employer engagement with relevant industrial experience to assist in the development, monitoring and operation of the work placement programme for Health and Care.
The job role will involve:
- Arranging appropriate placements for learners in line with awarding body stipulations.
- Carrying out assessments, particularly regarding competency on students within health and care placements as a requirement of the awarding bodies.
- Liaising with students, staff and placement supervisors to arrange assessment visits.
- Arranging meetings both in college and placement to discuss placement issues.
- Communicating effectively with placements.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate, in their personal statement, practical examples of how they fulfil the person specification.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check.
All applications must be received by 12 noon on Monday 6th August 2018
It is anticipated that interviews will take place during the week commencing 20th August 2018
We are working towards equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.