GCSE Maths, English and IT at grade A – C or equivalent.
Kepier is a secondary school in Houghton-le Spring and is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to work towards their BTEC Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Business Administration and work as part of a friendly team to provide a high quality reception and administration service.
- To work with learners, parents, school staff and outside agencies to ensure a high quality service under the management of the Principal’s Personal Assistant.
- To provide a professional reception service to all users.
- To provide a timely and efficient telephone service.
- Communicate clearly to all visitors the safeguarding expectations of the school.
- Accurate recording of all telephone conversations with contacts passing on messages in a timely manner.
- Recording of late learners liaising with the Attendance Officer.
- Develop positive relationships with parents, staff and visitors.
- Liaise closely and communicate clearly with appropriate members of staff and other agencies for the sharing and gathering of information, this may be confidential or of a delicate nature.
- Exercising good sound judgment in all communications.
- Reprographic duties.
- General office duties.
- To undertake any training commensurate with the post.
- All employees are expected to show a responsible attitude to health and safety issues and have due regard for their personal safety and that of others.
- Support, uphold and contribute to the development of the school’s diversity policies and practices in respect of both employment issues and the delivery of services to the community.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Principal to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
The employer is looking for someone that can exhibit the following skills;
- Great communication skills
- A positive and outgoing personality
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest.
- Polite, welcoming and well presented.
- Able to communicate well with a range of learners, parents, staff and external agencies.
- Meticulous in record keeping.
- Able to observe confidentiality.
- Flexible, have a willingness to learn and be helpful.
- Able to keep up to date and undertake professional training as appropriate.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure.
The working environment can be quite pressurised at times, therefore the ability to work effectively, calmly and professionally is essential.