GCSE A-C grades in Maths and English. A good standard of ICT is desirable.
As part of the Day Services Team, the Day Services Administrator (Apprentice) will provide administrative support for Day Services/CDS Support Staff and will ensure the effective provision of services to Service Users.
Directed by the Home Care Supervisor, the role will involve acting as a single point of contact for Service Users, Support Staff, and Care Managers, administering the processes associated with all Day Services activity.
The Day Services Administrator (Apprentice) will ensure that Day Services documentation is accurate and is processed in a timely manner. They will support relationships with Care Managers and other referral points and will field all new enquiries. They will ensure that all new referrals are risk assessed and that ‘Taster Days’ are arranged at the earliest opportunity.
- To manage systems that monitor and record attendance at all Day Centres and report operational issues as required
- To arrange “taster” sessions as required and action feedback from users
- Coordinate Day Centre attendance, informing staff of cancellations and changes in good time
- Coordinate transport as required, including liaising with transport providers to service and maintain vehicles
- Work with Day Services staff to coordinate activity programs and days out
- Support relationships with Care Managers and other referral points and field all new enquiries
- Ensure that all KPI’s set by operational management are monitored and reported to the Day Services Supervisor
- Responding to face to face and telephone enquiries in a friendly, professional and courteous manner, resolving issues where possible or escalating to an appropriate Manager when required
- Dealing with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, taking messages and passing to appropriate personnel
- Liaising with other services within the Company as well as other external contacts and stakeholders
- To ensure all customers have detailed information regarding their placement and that this information is updated when required
- To ensure all risk assessments are allocated and completed by the appropriate person
- Report on customer satisfaction of Day Centre placements/activities
- Inform Day Centre Supervisor of service delivery concerns
- Ensure all Day Services staff training records are kept and maintained for both Mandatory and Specialist requirements
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Age UK Northumberland and apply consistent principles of equality, diversity and equal opportunities
- Comply with Data Protection legislation and Age UK Northumberland’s policies regarding customer confidentiality
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation and Age UK Northumberland’s Health and safety policies
- Take responsibility for own personal development, participating in staff development (including supervision) and attend relevant training sessions as and when required
- Cover for other team members as and when required, sometimes in the Day Centres, particularly during periods of absence
- Undertake any duties that may be reasonably required as designated by the Day Services Supervisor and/or the Senior Leadership Team