Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who would like a career in the construction industry and those with an interest in construction operations and highways maintenance.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You’ll need to have successfully completed a Level 1 Diploma in Construction & Civil Engineering (Ground works).
What are the key things you'll learn?
You will study:
- Safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and materials
- Construction technology
- Cutting construction related materials
- Laying construction related materials
- Preparing mixed construction materials
- Laying domestic drainage
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete
How you will learn
Throughout the length of the course you will learn about the civil engineering industry in a number of ways including practical workshop sessions as wall as classroom theory sessions where you will learn about all the aspects of ground works.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course there are a number of options available. You can advance onto the Level 3 Diploma in Construction and Civil Engineering Services, or you could apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
What costs will you incur?
Full Personal protective equipment will be provided, yet replacement will have to be paid for.