Part Time, Short Course
10 Weeks - every Thursday evening at 6pm
Award to be received
Skills for Employment, Training, and Personal Development (E3)
Who is this course for?
It is a suitable course for those wishing to take their first steps into creative writing.
What do you need to apply for the course?
This course is suitable for anyone aged 19 or over.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course is an introduction to creative writing, it covers the four major genres of creative writing; prose, poetry, script and non-fiction. The course explores the skills and knowledge needed to write fiction, including:
- Develop knowing of different forms of creative writing
- Learning skills required to be a successful writer
- Develop appropriate vocabulary for discussing creative writing
- Develop knowledge of common techniques used within writing.
- Being able to use personal experience as a source of creative writing
- Being able to use a range of stimuli as a basis for creative writing
- Being able to plan for a short piece of writing
- Develop abilities to write creatively and expressively
- Being able to reflect on own work and provide feedback to others
- Practise the behaviours of creative writers
How you will learn
This course is taught through weekly classroom sessions.
This is a leisure course with an informal focus. The course will involve voluntary completion of practical writing projects and assignments to develop writing skills and as a means to develop
the writing discipline to meet deadlines.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course you will be able to apply the skills learnt in your own creative writing. There is an opportunity for progression onto a series of ‘Creative Writing for Intermediates’ courses.
What costs will you incur?
There is a £50 fee for this course.