Course Type / Attendance
Part Time, Short Course, Hobby Course
10 Weeks - every Tuesday evening at 6pm
Who is this course for?
It is a suitable course for those wishing to progress with creative writing.
What do you need to apply for the course?
This course is suitable for anyone aged 19 or over.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course offers progression within creative writing, the spring term focusses on character, and includes areas of writing such as; prose (long and short forms), scriptwriting, and poetry.
The course explores the skills needed to write fiction, including:
- Knowledge of how to create believable characters
- Developing appropriate vocabulary for discussing creative writing
- Developing ability to use personal experience as a source of creative writing
- Developing ability to use a range of stimuli as a basis for creative writing
- Developing ability to plan character arcs for a short piece of writing
- Developing knowledge of the editing process within creative writing
- Developing ability to reflect on own work and to provide feedback to others
- Developing abilities to write creatively
How you will learn
This course is taught through weekly classroom sessions.
This is a leisure course with an informal focus. The course will involve voluntary completion of practical writing projects and assignments to develop writing skills and as a means to develop
the writing discipline to meet deadlines.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to apply the skills learnt in your own creative writing.
You will also be able to progress onto further ‘Creative Writing for Intermediates’ courses.
What costs will you incur?
There is a £50 fee for this course.