|Start Date:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||Level 1||Distance Learning||Distance Learning||Skills for Employment|
The purpose of this qualification is to allow you to demonstrate your understanding of and competency in digital literacy skills. It will help you to progress into roles where digital literacy skills are required.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully online
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 150 study hours to complete the course.
The aims of this qualification are to:
- apply digital skills in personal and business situations
- understand how to maintain safety and security when using data and devices
- find and use information
- use digital resources to facilitate own learning and career progression
- communicate socially and professionally using technology
- use word processing software to create straightforward text and documents
You will be required to complete all the following modules:
- Find and use information
- Safety and security when using data and digital devices
- Communicating and collaborating online
- Using word processing software Plus one of the following optional units:
- Using a computer
- Digital career development
You could progress to Digital Skills Level 2, or complete an ECDL course.
Sunderland AFC legend and South Shields FC manager Kevin Phillips was a special guest at ceremony to celebrate students’ sporting achievements
April 20, 2022
The heart-warming moment a daughter first heard her father's song recorded by music students has been nominated for a national radio award
April 14, 2022
Sunderland College student Callum Dobson has been offered a coaching role with one of the region’s leading sports charities
April 7, 2022