|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|December||4 weeks||Level 2||Bede Campus||Skills & Qualifications|
The aim of the course is to develop skills and knowledge in the fundamentals of computer networking. You will cover the following topics:
- Networks and architecture
- Transmission of data and network protocols
- Secure transmission of data
- Internet including, DNS (Domain Name Server) and the “World Wide Web.”
You will be taught using a range of teaching techniques including online learning and face to face delivery. You will be assessed by various methods including demonstration, practical activities, and written assessment.
Part-time on Tuesday evenings (6pm to 8:30pm)
You will study a several modules when studying this course including:
- Types of network, advantages and disadvantages and general architecture
- How data can be transmitted securely
- How transmission of data (Ethernet and Wi-Fi) and network protocols work (http, ftp etc.)
- Knowledge of real-world usage of network technology
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education