16-18 Year Olds
City & Guilds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people interested in getting started in a career as an electrician. Although it does not provide a vocational electrical installation qualification it will give you the skills needed to move on to becoming an apprentice.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to demonstrate motivation and a keen interest in the electrical installation industry and expect to achieve a good level of maths and English.
What are the key things you'll learn?
You will learn the following units:
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
How you will learn
The course is taught both theoretically and in the workshop. Over the course you’ll produce a portfolio and take internally set theory tests to assess your progress.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing this course you could move on to the Level 2 qualification in Electro Technical Technology. This course would also allow you to take part in an electrical apprenticeship dependant on securing a suitable employer.
What costs will you incur?
A fee of £20 is required prior to the start of the course to cover the cost of PPE.