Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are interested in a career in engineering within the manufacturing industries or who would like to progress to a Level 2 qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need at least two GCSEs at Grade 2/3 or above including Mathematics.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This course has three mandatory units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Carrying out Engineering Activities Efficiently & Effectively
- Using & Communicating Technical Information
As well as two core units units:
Other additional qualifications include:
- NCFE Award in Introduction to Health and Safety in the Workplace at Level 1
- Introduction to welding in TIG at Level 1 (600/2170/6)
How you will learn
This course is taught with a mixture of classroom based theory and practical welding work.
You will be expected to contribute to the cost of PPE (Overalls and Safety Boots)
Where could this course take you?
After completing this course you could progress to NVQ Level 2 Welding/Fabrication which can lead to other engineering courses. You could also use the course as ‘off the job’ training and apply for Apprenticeships in Welding sector.