Award to be received
Functional Skills Certificate
Who is this course for?
Learners 19+ looking to improve their skills in computing and gain a recognised ICT qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
If you wish to undertake the course you should be aged 19 or over.
What are the key things you'll learn?
- Create, edit and format word processing documents
- Create spreadsheets using formulas and function
- Use the Internet for research and send emails effectively
- Know how to use search engines
- Organise work using file management
How you will learn
Attendance is once a week for 10 weeks. You will work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Assessment methods include portfolio building and other assessment activities.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you will be able to further your own continuous development, which may improve your career prospects or enable you to progress to further training in ICT.
What costs will you incur?
The course is free and all materials are provided.