Course Type / Attendance
Award to be received
Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
Who is this course for?
This course is for 19+, adult learners who wish to develop knowledge, skills and competence in a range of different IT skills, particularly if you use IT in your current job role. It is also suitable if you are looking for work in a job role where IT skills are essential criteria.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You must already have basic IT skills (Level 1) and basic knowledge of Microsoft.Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to complete the course successfully.
What are the key things you'll learn?
Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
- Section 1: Be able to plan and select which IT tools and systems are best suited to completion of an identified task
- Section 2: Be able to identify any restrictions or constraints that may affect how a task can be completed using IT tools and systems
- Section 3: Be able to use IT tools and systems to complete an identified task
- Section 4: Be able to review approach to using IT tools and systems
- Section 5: Be able to adapt their approach as a result of their experiences using IT tools and systems to complete a task.
Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
- Section 1: Select and use appropriate software applications to meet needs and solve problems
- Section 2: Enter, develop, combine and format different types of information to suit its meaning and purpose
- Section 3: Present information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience
- Section 4: Evaluate the selection and use of IT tools and facilities to present information.
Unit 3: IT security for users
- Section 1: Use appropriate methods to minimise security risks to IT systems and data.
Unit 4: Presentation software
- Section 1: Input and combine text and other information within presentation slides
- Section 2: Use presentation software tools to structure, edit and format slide sequences
- Section 3: Prepare slideshow for presentation.
Unit 5: Spreadsheet software
- Section 1: Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Section 2: Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Section 3: Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information.
How you will learn
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully on line
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects or progress to further training. You could also progress on to further study in the field or other Distance Learning programmes.
Progression to other college provision – Business Administration, Team Leading, Customer Service
What costs will you incur?