Course Type / Attendance
Health, Social Care and Childcare
Award to be received
Who is this course for?
This qualification is intended for those who work in the Health and Social Care sector whose role includes caring for those who have a life-limiting illness.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above.
This qualification consists of 5 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding end of life care
• Unit 02 Communication during end of life care
• Unit 03 Assessment and care planning in end of life care
• Unit 04 Person-centred approaches to end of life care
• Unit 05 Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care
What do you need to apply for the course?
There aren’t any specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification; however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a health and social care related area.
What are the key things you'll learn?
This qualification provides learners with an understanding of the principles of end of life care, including knowledge of:
• the definition of end of life care
• approaches to end of life care
• how to support a person’s familial, spiritual, social and emotional needs
• how to confront issues of death and bereavement.
How you will learn
Where could this course take you?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England)
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care. Successful completion of this qualification will help to support progression into and within a number of job roles within the health and social care sector
What costs will you incur?