Course Type / Attendance
Part Time, Skills & Qualifications
Call 0191 511 6000
Award to be received
Level 2 Award in MOT Testing
City & Guilds
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to become a qualified MOT tester will be required to successfully complete this qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You must meet the eligibility criteria laid down by DVSA – https://www.gov.uk/become-an-mot-tester/eligibility
What are the key things you'll learn?
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- Working relationships within the vehicle test centre
- Managing own professional development as a vehicle tester
- Carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test (classes 4 and 7)
How you will learn
You will learn theory in the classroom, assessment in the workshop with an on-line test to confirm knowledge.
Where could this course take you?
This course could lead to Employment as an MOT Tester and progression to an MOT Centre Manager.
What costs will you incur?
The cost of the course is £525.