16-18 Year Olds
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who have the passion for creating and performing music.
What do you need to apply for the course?
To apply for this course you will need a minimum of two GCSEs at grade D/3 and Grade 3 in English Language.
What are the key things you'll learn?
You will cover area such as:
- Working in the music industry
- Music analysis
- Planning and creating a music product
- Working as a musical ensemble
- Developing as a musical performer
- Rehearsal techniques for musicians
- Exploring musical composition
How you will learn
You will learn through mostly practical lesson and will be internally assessed some of the units are theory based and written work supports the practical assessments. Two of the units in this course will be assessed externally.
Where could this course take you?
After you have successfully completed this course with a merit profile, you could progress onto the Music BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3.