Course Type / Attendance
Full Time, Part Time
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for people looking to further enhance their skills in painting and decorating.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to hold a Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
What are the key things you'll learn?
As an advanced painting and decorating course you will cover the following areas in a high level of detail:
- Building methods and construction technology
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment
- Brush and roller paint systems
- Applying hangings to walls and ceilings
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Specialist architectural feature work
- Applying paint systems with airless equipment
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
How you will learn
Throughout the length of the course you will be taught through practical workshops, classroom theory sessions, tutorials and directed work with other students.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you could advance onto a related higher qualification such as an HNC with a view to move on to the HND. You could also apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
What costs will you incur?
Full Personal protective equipment will be provided, yet replacements will have to be paid for.