Course Type / Attendance
Full Time, Part Time
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to enter the construction industry in their chosen craft. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need one of the following:
- A minimum of one GCSE at grade G in any subject.
- A 14-16 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment at level 1-3
- A BTEC Level 1 or 2 Introductory Certificate and Diploma in Construction
- A level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Construction Skills
What are the key things you'll learn?
- General core units;
- 202/602 Principles of building construction,
information and communication
- Occupation specific units
- 221 Apply Plastering Materials to Interiors
- 222 Fix Dry Lining and Plasterboards to Interior
- 223 Laying sand and cement screeds
- 224 Applying plastering materials to external backgrounds
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English are also integrated into the course
- Study programme
How you will learn
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities /work experience/ library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Where could this course take you?
Upon completion of the level 2 course you could progress onto the level 3 Diploma or you could apply for an apprenticeship.
What costs will you incur?
PPE is provided for practical activities; however replacement of lost items will need to be paid for.