Course Type / Attendance
Call 0191 511 6000
Who is this course for?
- People who are interested in a basic introduction into construction trades.
- The DIY enthusiast aiming to upgrade their basic trade skills.
What do you need to apply for the course?
This is an introductory course therefore no prior knowledge is required, however an understanding of basic health & safety would be an advantage.
What are the key things you'll learn?
The course covers:
- how to prepare surfaces for tiling,
- how to set out tiles and position cut tiles,
- how to maintain level and plumb tiling,
- various methods for cutting tiles
- how to clean and grout to produce the required finish
- all aspects of health and safety connected to tiling
How you will learn
You will be taught by experienced teaching team whose expertise and knowledge are closely matched to the content of the respective construction trade.
The team includes lecturers and professional practitioners with industry experience.
Our teaching is informed by the relevant practice within the sector and all of our lecturers have relevant teaching qualifications.
There is no formal assessment, however feedback will be given upon completion of task/activities.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course, you could move onto the Construction multi-skill level 1, or try another trade.
What costs will you incur?
A charge of £50 to cover costs of materials and tuition.