Course Type / Attendance
Health, Social Care and Childcare
Award to be received
Level 2 Certificate
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those aged 19 and above and looking to increase their knowledge of children and young people’s mental health.
What do you need to apply for the course?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
What are the key things you'll learn?
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
- Children and young people’s mental health in context
- Mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
- The impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
- Support available to maintain mental well-being in children and young people
How you will learn
You will be allocated your own study pack and have a personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate knowledge. This will mainly consist of a written assessment for each unit, which will be assessed by the tutor as well as two simple observation exercises. (This course is also available online)
Where could this course take you?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
What costs will you incur?
No costs incurred.