Health, Social Care and Childcare
Call 0191 511 6000
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at people perhaps looking for a change in career, or who are embarking on a career or who simply have a passion for youth work. It is essential to have some previous experience of working with young people in a youth setting or a comparative setting.
What do you need to apply for the course?
The qualifications are particularly suitable for those who
- Have successfully completed a previous Level 2 Youth Work Qualification.
- Have experience of working with young people
- Currently work in the statutory or voluntary sector
- Have autonomy and the ability to give guidance to others if required
- Have sound literacy skills
- Sound communication skills
- Sound Study skills, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a Team
- Have the ability to read and interpret given tasks
- Have the ability to put theory into practice and apply underpinning knowledge and skills in the filed through work activity or placement.
CRB Enhanced Disclosure checks to be undertaken
What are the key things you'll learn?
Youth work values, which are the core of youth work and underpin the National Occupational Standards. The key purpose of youth work is to enable young people to develop holistically, working with then to facilitate their personal, social and educational development. Key modules will include: safeguarding young people in a youth work setting, Understanding youth work principles and practice, youth work principles, knowledge and skills in work-based practice and support the provision of information and advice to young people, this is the outline of the core provision.
How you will learn
The course uses a range of practical and theoretical teaching methods, allowing learning to take both inside and outside of the formal setting. Outside of the college, the learning will take place in an active placement in a variety of youth work settings.
Where could this course take you?
Offers the opportunity to apply to study on a BA (Hons) Community and Youth studies programme and University.