Service Industries

This enrolment session is for students who are leaving/have left school this summer and will be studying a course in Service Industries at our City Campus with us from September.

Subject areas in Service Industries include:

  • Business
  • Hair, Barbering and Beauty
  • Professional Cookery & Hospitality
  • Travel & Tourism
  • T Level Management and Administration

What will happen on the day?

At enrolment you will be able to speak to expert staff from your course, ask any additional questions you might have, enrol onto your course, find out your start date, and collect your I.D. lanyard so you're ready to start in September. You will also be able to speak to our Advice and Guidance Team about courses and find out more about finance and support available.

What do I need to bring?

You will need to bring with you the statement of results from school including ULN number; a form of ID (driving license/passport/National Insurance number letter) and parent/guardian details (email address and mobile number).

How do I book?

Booking your enrolment slot is easy.  Simply choose a date that suits you best from the events below, enter your details and come along to meet us at that time.

Book your enrolment slot below

Enrolment Frequently Asked Questions:

You will be sent an email which will direct you to any details you need to know about what you need to bring with you to enrolment.

16-18 year old students

  • The statement of results from school including ULN number
  • A form of ID (driving license/passport/National Insurance number letter)
  • Parent/guardian details (email address and mobile number)

Adult students

  • National Insurance number
  • Any benefit evidence to fund a course or low wage evidence
  • ID (passport or driving licence)
  • Asylum or refuge residency cars or Home Office documentation
  • For non-UK citizens – evidence of pre-settled or settled status
  • If employer is paying, PO number and letter as proof of payment
  • If you will be applying for an Advanced Learner Loan you will need your Birth Certificate or passport


If you are 16 to 18 years old you do not have to pay for your course. However, you may require a DBS check, and you could be provided with opportunities to enhance your learning and may be asked to provide a voluntary contribution.

For some courses, you will need to wear a uniform, similar to those that you'd wear in the workplace, other subjects you may need personal protection equipment (PPE), and some you will just need a well-stocked pencil case and stationery.

Full details of what you will need for the start of term will be confirmed during your enrolment or induction. Bursaries to help pay for equipment may be available to you depending on your personal circumstances, for more information click here.

Adult & Higher Education Students (19 years and above)

Some of our adult courses may require a fee. If you’re unable to cover the cost of this up front we offer a range of options to help you pay for your course depending on your circumstances.

To find out more about funding for your course and financial assistance available, click here

Student ID badges will be issued either when you come to enrol on campus, or during your induction. 

We are required to take your photograph at enrolment for your student ID badge. This will be either at an enrolment event or during induction depending on whether you are a new or progressing student.

All students will receive their induction timetable at enrolment.

All students will be given information at enrolment which will detail course start date, where to report to on the first day and what to bring with them.  

For information on bursaries, free meals and travel expenses click here.

Yes, you can bring one person with you to enrolment. We are limiting numbers to only one additional person to control visitor numbers.

The time it takes to enrol will vary depending on the individual but as a guide we suggest allowing an hour for the process from start to finish.

You will need to apply for your chosen course in order to enrol. Apply here.

Once you have applied for your course you will be invited to enrol on campus.

You will be advised at enrolment if your course requires uniform or kit and how to order this.

We will be offering various enrolment event dates and times to help accommodate everybody's needs. If you feel you are unable to attend any enrolment event date, please contact us.

If your course requires you to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check (largely for courses where work placements are necessary), then you will need to bring relevant ID with you when you start your course to ensure the DBS application process gets underway quickly.  To find information on what ID we need you to bring click here.

If you have an additional support need or a health related problem that means you would benefit from attending a quieter enrolment session please contact the inclusive learning team via If we are already aware of your additional support needs or health related problem, the inclusive learning team will contact you directly to book you onto the relevant enrolment session.

Learners who are employed, or self-employed, and would normally be co-funded for provision, up to and including level 2, can be fully funded.

We must be satisfied the learner meets both of the following:

  • The learner is eligible for co-funding, and
  • The learner earns less than £18,525.00 annual gross salary. From April 2022 learners may also be fully funded who meet the low wage criteria for qualifications included in the L3 free courses for jobs offer.

If you know the course you'd like to change over to then please email our admissions team with the details of your current course and the one you'd like to change to: 

If you would like to speak to one of our careers advisors for more information on courses, please book on our enrolment events on Thursday 25th Aug or Saturday 3rd September and we will be able to help you find the information you need to choose the right course for you.