At Sunderland College we’re committed to promoting and supporting learning for everyone through providing appropriate resources, facilities and services so all of our students can be successful in their chosen programme of study.
If you feel that you may need additional support to help you succeed while at College our specialist learning support team is here to assist you every step of the way.
During your induction you can request an initial assessment to find out what extra support would be best for you; ranging from additional tutor support to help with your Maths and English basic skills.
While at the college you’re also encouraged to talk to your tutor or lecturer if at any point you feel you’re having difficulties with your work or need some extra study support.
We provide a wide range of specialist support including:
- Specialist tutorial support (e.g. for specific learning difficulties such as Dyslexia; Vision Impairment; Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Additional tutor support
- Support for mental health
- Educational Psychologist assessments/meetings
- Personal care
- Portable loop systems
- Teaching materials in alternative formats, e.g. Braille, large or audio tape
- Help from communicators, readers, support workers
- Specialist arrangements for examinations
- Help with access and mobilityIf you are a Higher Education Student at Sunderland College in receipt of Disabled Students Allowance, you can find out what support is provided by the college and the hourly rate of the service here – NMH Rates
If you would like to know more about our additional learning support services call 0191 511 6000 or email email@example.com