Full Time, Part Time
Hair, Beauty and Barbering
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has a genuine interest in gents hairdressing/barbering and would like gain the skills required to work in the industry.
What do you need to apply for the course?
You will need to have a minimum of two GCSE at grade D or a Level 1 hairdressing qualification as well as pass a dexterity and skills assessment at interview along with a written test.
What are the key things you'll learn?
The course covers key areas of barbering including:
- Health and Safety
- How to shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- How to cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- How to cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- How to dry and finish men’s hair
- How to create basic patterns in hair
- How to advise and consult with clients
Basic Skills in communication and numeracy are also integrated into the course. (16-18’s only).
How you will learn
The course is taught using both practical and theoretical methods in the classroom and our dedicated barber shop. You will be expected to work on other students to practice your skills.
This course will also develop your IT skills.
Where could this course take you?
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the NVQ Level 3 in Barbering or seek employment in industry.
What costs will you incur?
Depending on your circumstances you may incur the following costs:
- Tuition Fee (19 plus)
- Registration Fee (19 plus)
- Textbooks (19 plus) approximately £25.00
- Work wear (19 plus) approximately £20.00
- Deposit for Kit (16-18) approximately £35.00
- Locker Key £5.00
- Model Head (19 plus) £37
- Personal expenses during educational visits.
If you have not yet achieved a full level 2 (i.e. 5 GCSE’s at C) this course may be free