Course Type / Attendance
16-18 Year Olds, Adult
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to build on their level 2 qualification and work as a bricklayer. It has been specifically developed for delivery in a training environment using simulated conditions, and the test(s) are based on what you can do as an individual through the completion of all the requirements of the qualification.
What do you need to apply for the course?
Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
What are the key things you'll learn?
You will learn about different decorative techniques in brickwork as well as the following:
- General core units;
Unit 301/701 Principles of building construction, information and communication
Unit 201/601 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Occupation specific units;
Unit 302 Repair and maintain masonry structures
Unit 303 Constructing radial and battered brickwork
Unit 304 Carrying out decorative and reinforced brickwork
Unit 305 Constructing fireplaces and chimneys
- Practical assessments
- Online/paper-based testing of knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English are also integrated into the course Study programme
How you will learn
You will learn through a variety of methods including: classroom teaching / craft workshop activities / library and learning resource centre work / information technology activities / tutorials / directed work with other students/ directed study in the learning centre.
Where could this course take you?
Upon completion of the level 3 you could advance onto a BTEC or HNC with view to move forward on to a HND or you could apply for an apprenticeship in your chosen trade.
What costs will you incur?
- There is a fee of £20.00 to cover the cost of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use during practical sessions.
- The course may also involve you in personal financial expenditure as follows:
- Purchase stationery
- Purchase of consumable materials