This course is for anyone who has successfully completed the Technical Certificate in Electrical Installation Level 2 and wants to advance their skills and knowledge in the electrical installation sector.
You will learn the following topics:
- How to wire lighting and power circuits with using a variety of cables, fixtures and tools
- Planning and overseeing electrical work activities
- Electrical science
- Electrical design and installation practices and procedures
- Inspection, testing and commissioning electrical systems
- Principles of inspection, testing and commissioning electrical systems
- Advanced diagnosis and testing
- How to interpret wiring diagrams
- Understanding electrical industry sectors
- Introduction to renewable energies and how the integrate with the conventional power grid
You must have completed the Technical certificate in Electrical Installation at Level 2.
|You will need to provide your own stationery. You will also be given the opportunity to take part in trips and visits that may require some payment. PPE is required at the learner's cost. Information regarding this is given during enrolment.
You will learn through a combination of practical skills in the workshop and electrical theory in the classroom.
English and Maths are important life skills that will help you to achieve your best in your studies and progress to your dream career. It is required that you have grades 4 and above.
Mon-Fri, between 9am-4pm. Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term. This course runs alone for 14 hours.
After successfully completing this course you could progress onto higher education or find employment as an electrician’s apprentice/mate.
The course will prepare students for the world of work, giving them an understanding of electrical installation and also introducing students to new and emerging technologies to help them forge a career path
100% overall A-Level pass rate
97.4% of our apprentices progressed to employment or further study.
Destination data for Sunderland College 2019/20, Apprentice completers.
Our excellent student support services and expert staff will help you reach your potential.
Recognised regionally and nationally for our high-quality approach to careers education